About this workshop.
This year’s Intensive will be held at the studios in the Sadler’s Wells theatre in London, and will be aimed at: intermediate/advanced adult dancers aged 18+ who have an in-depth knowledge of ballet terminology and steps.
The schedule will be quite intense (it is an Intensive, after all!) so I highly recommend that participants are, at a minimum, used to taking several full-length dance classes per week and have a relatively high level of fitness.
I’ve capped attendance at 30 people in order to give focused attention to each participant. – There is a waiting list option, so if you aren’t able to grab a spot, please sign up for the list and you’ll be notified if anyone drops out.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the events page linked below.
Final schedule will be confirmed closer to the event.
Studio Open for Self-Warm-up
09:00 – 10:00
Guided Floor Barre/yoga
10:00 – 10:30
10:30 – 12:30
12:30 – 13:30
13:30 – 14:30
15:00 – 15:15
15:15 – 16:45
16:45 – 17:30
Who is this for?
- You are serious about improving technique & want to do so in a supportive environment.
- You want to explore your artistry & discover new facets to yourself as a dancer.
- You wish pre-professional summer intensives extended to adults as well.
- You want to build community with other dancers who are passionate about ballet and being the best dancers they can be.
Who is this not for?
- You are looking for drop-in classes or a part-time workshop. The Intensive is the 5 full days.
- You are at a Beginner, Improver or Improver/Intermediate level. More levels will be offered in Summer 2024!
- You aren’t interested in focusing on the minute details of technique.
What a typical day looks like.
- Open studio time in the morning to warm up on your own
- A guided warm-up or specific conditioning such as floor barre
- Vaganova Technique Class 2 hours in length to allow for repetition of exercises and corrections (with a live pianist!)
- Repertoire/ballet choreography
- Technique deep-dive! Focusing on various technical elements helping you improve
- The schedule will likely be approximately 9:00-17:30 with an hour for lunch and a short break in the afternoon. There will be a shorter day Wednesday to allow for a bit of rest and recovery.
- Performance opportunity in the studio at the end of the week!
- Full refund until Oct 31, 2023
- 50% refund between Nov 1 — Dec 7, 2023
- No refund from Dec 8, 2023
Please email Events@balletwithisabella.com to request a refund.
Meet your teacher.
Isabella McGuire Mayes
Isabella is the youngest and first british graduate to join the vaganova ballet academy at 15 years old. Working to become top of the school. Isabella was a soloist with Mikhailovsky and Eifman ballet before returning to London and discovering her passion for teaching. Isabella founded BWI as a way for dancers globally of all levels to get the detailed vaganova training as well as conditioning they desire to take their ballet to new levels.